Do you use an electric toothbrush? Here are the benefits of using one:
- Electric brushes provide a more thorough cleaning. Electric brush bristles are proven to remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- You brush longer with an electric brush. Most electric toothbrushes have a built in timer that will let you know how long you should be brushing. Typically you will brush for 2 minutes or longer with an electric toothbrush with a built in timer.
- Electric brushes help patients with dexterity problems. If you have arthritis or other issues with holding dental tools an electric toothbrush will help you clean your mouth. Electric brushes only require a light hold and the movement of the brush head does the work for you. Most have a wider handle which makes it easier to hold.
- The vibrations from an electric toothbrush can help stimulate inflamed gums. This stimulation along with plaque removal reduces gingivitis.
- Electric brushes help keep your teeth whiter by removing more stain on a daily basis.
If you have any questions about which brush is best for you, be sure to ask your dental team!